Job Profile and Description
The position of Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The day-to-day operation of this organization is the responsibility of the Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Running the company in such a manner that it offers utmost productivity, maximize amount of profits etc.
- He needs to coordinate with the board of directors, vice president, senior vice president, etc., for the development and implementation of such programs.
- Leading the company along with the workers keeping the focus of the company in mind.
- He needs to work on the management succession planning of the organization, to make sure that a capable management is in place to handle all the work efficiently.
- Manage operations including agency budgets, programs and HR policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Board committees to develop and implement specific goals and objectives.
- Prepares Executive Director Report and presents it to the Board.
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s Degree preferred) in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or Management.
Salary and Range
Those with less than one year of experience earn between $ 50,000 – $ 70,000, while those with 1-5 years experience earn around $ 65,000 – $ 75,000. Executives with 5-10 years of experience are paid between $ 75,000 – $ 100,000, and those who have to work for anything between 10 – 20 years (or more) in the planning and management earn somewhere around $ 100,000 – $ 150,000. These are only approximate salary range, the overall average for the United States is about $ 120,000.