Job Profile and Description
Medical Director, who is the Director of the department or hospital. The most sought after jobs in medicine, the doctor, the policies, processes, and decide what is best for the organization which carried out.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and leadership for performance guidelines.
- Handle physician behavior and impairment issues.
- A medical director is also in charge of assigning and reviewing the work of the staff of his department.
- Sets level of medical care and quality for patients using available data and chart reviews.
- Provides medical consultations for medical staff and facility officials.
- He or she has the duty to report the senior officer of management in the department timely.
- It will be the responsibility to maintain a consistent level of service and treatment that is offered to the patients.
- Represent the company at TGA discussions regarding the registration of new chemical entities.
A medical director is required to be a medical doctor, with at least 10 years of professional experience within the type of facility she manages. Additionally, she must be board-certified within her area of specialty. She may also choose to become a certified medical director through the American Medical Directors Association, although this is not required.
- Knows the applicable law, regulation and contract provisions associated with terminal illness certification for hospice admission or for continuing hospice care.
- Ability to work as a member of the Interdisciplinary Group.
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care and palliative intervention.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical staff, patients and family/caregivers as well as the medical community.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
- Meets the requirements of applicable federal, state and organizational background checks.
Salary and Range
According to Salary.com, the median annual salary of medical directors in the U.S. was $217,463 as of June 2011. The salary-reporting site GlassDoor.com shows a similar median with annual salaries ranging from $120,000 to $236,000.