Job Profile and Description
Office assistant is a vague term that can describe many different types of jobs worked in an office. The Office Assistant job profile requires you to be efficient and hard working.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
An office assistant may have varied roles and duties depending on the type of set up he or she is working in.
- Making sure that the company’s data collection system is maintained and modified, as and when the need arises.
- Assisting the program coordinators in the completion of statistical data entry.
- Assisting the staff with varied responsibilities and keying them in on the duties they are supposed to handle.
- Making arrangements for traveling and staying of varied staff members, if they have been dispatched on a business trip.
- Assisting in the completion of reports.
- Determination of the Office Assistant requirements
- Taking care of the overall Office Assistant work
- An office assistant job description also needs him to sometimes assist with equipment loan banking.
Educational Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to deal with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be a initiator in taking responsibilities.
- Skilled in computer related functions of MS word, excel and other software.
- Must be familiar with the internet browsing, group messaging and e-mail programs.
- Must have skills in setting priority and managing work pressures.
- Attention to detail and record keeping is an essential requirement of the office assistant job.
Salary and Range
Here are some Detailed analysis of Office Assistant Salary according to experience level:
- On hourly basis they can earn from $13 to $18.
- By working overtime, they can earn up to $20.
- Office Assistant Yearly salary Ranges $25,000 to $50,000.
- We can say that the average salary of these Office Assistants is around $28,000.
- When we talk about those Assistants who work as virtual assistants, these professionals have the average salary that is estimated to be a bit more than the above ones, they can make up to $40000 or above.