Job Profile and Description
A personal assistant, also referred to as a PA, is someone who needs to have all the knowledge and managerial skills to assist an administrative authority in compiling, planning, monitoring, and executing various tasks that are required to be done within a scheduled duration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping the boss updated about the recent updates like emails, letters and information of similar nature.
- Preparing correspondence on the principal’s behalf.
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment.
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring their manager is well-prepared for meetings.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Secretarial skills.
Salary and Range
Depending on the level of their experience and skills, personal assistants can earn an annual salary anywhere between $30,000 and $50,000. The job can fetch you a higher salary, if you work with a film personality or high profile business professionals.