Job Profile and Description
The senior accountant job description includes providing financial information in various organizations in the mid to large sector. The senior accountant is responsible for the general accounting functioning of the organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
One of the most important responsibilities is to manage and oversee the financial resources and budgets of the company.
- Study the revenues trends and expenses of the company so that they are appropriately recorded.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Execute usual accounting functions, which includes operating the general ledger system and month-end close work.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications.
- Detailed working of Microsoft Office with a primary focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Capable of finding effective and efficient solutions to problems.
Salary and Range
A senior accountant with an experience of a year can expect to draw something around US $ 50,000 a year. As you gain experience and skills, after working for at least four years you can get anything around US $ 70,000. As of now, the median salary stands at around $69,000 per annum.